Sunday, December 27, 2009

Color My World

I’m in a tug of war with myself…

A while back I saw these pictures at Blush and I can’t get the colors out of my head…

carla10eyck_sept2 event jubilee.com (blush floral)

carla10eyck_sept5 event jubilee.com (blush floral)

…so I decided that I would redo my downstairs after Christmas and incorporate some of the pinks and blues…

Here’s the thing:

1. I am the ONLY female in my house (that includes the dog).

2. I am usually drawn to soft shades of blue, green, grey and white (see Velvet and Linen).

3. I feel I am turning into a bore.

4. I need a little infusion of fun around here.

We took everything out of our bedroom today and have it prepared to begin painting in the morning. All the paint will be white so I’m not committed to anything yet. But, I can just see a big vase of pink peonies in the spring…

What do you all think I should do? Stay with the soft colors or take the plunge and color my world for a little fun?

Hope you all had a great Christmas!

 

(images via Blush and Style Me Pretty)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

tough one...I like the muted tones around your house. It's so calming. Good Luck!

Em said...

I think as long as you stick with a neutral color and then just have interchangeable accents, it will be awesome! Everything you touch turns to gold, so I wouldn't worry about it. Do your thing!

Beth said...

Wow! Exciting to see that that photoshoot was so inspiring to you!! I agree with Em, use some fun colored accents and you'll be good to go (and can always switch back to your neutrals when you need some calm...)