Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Craspedia (AKA Billy Balls)

091709-fallflowers4-400 InStyle Weddings

As unusual flowers go, craspedia (AKA Billy Balls) has to be one of my favorites. You’ve got to love a flower by that name! Craspedia is a little bit flower and a whole lot of fun when designing…

710540172_ZJANv-L1  hN floral designs …garden roses, caspedia, oncidium orchids, and yellow kangaroo paw (another favorite of mine) add plenty of personality to a monochromatic bouquet…

(image via Hana Floral Design)

autumn jlnh blush floral design …craspedia, cymbidium orchids and pepperberries (yet another favorite of mine) add texture to an autumn arrangement in a moss covered pot…love how the throat of the cymbidium ties the two prominent colors in this arrangement together…

(image via Blush Floral)

 

gallery_424_D-105 hidden garden …craspedia “buttons” make me giddy on the handle of this bouquet of callas, roses and craspedia…can you look at this bouquet and not smile? I don’t think so…

(image via Hidden Garden)

Image7 Salt Harbor Designs … craspedia makes a unique boutonnière…

(image via Salt Harbor Designs)

 

Image15 salt harbor designs …love the textures of the craspedia and the white scabiosa (you guessed it…another favorite of mine) in this sophisticated garden bouquet…

(image via Salt Harbor Designs)

m203474431 modern day floral  …craspedia works particularly well in architectural arrangements…never met a modern rectangular vase I didn’t like…

(image via Modern Day Floral)

w01210458 julie mikos photography

 …one more craspedia boutonniere…bet there are a few UT guys who would go for this look…what a great combination…

(image via Julie Mikos Photography)

Thanks for stopping by today…and a special thanks to those who leave me comments. I love to hear what you have to say! It’s a thrill for me to share my thoughts each day and I still get excited at the sight of the images I run across when researching. I doubt I will ever tire of looking at and talking about flowers…

Happy Wednesday!

(first image via In Style Weddings)

No comments: