Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Studio to Inspire…

I always love seeing the studio spaces of great floral designers. A studio reveals so much about a designer’s personality. I want to share some inspiring spaces with you as I discover them, so…

Meet Lewis Miller of LMD New York…

lewis-millerLewis has created an amazing space on East 12th Street to house his Manhattan-based boutique floral and event design studio. The double gray doors and LMD nameplate hint of the sophisticated space beyond…

LMD_IMG_6989-500x545  LMD New York

 

1_lmdfloraleventsinteriors ny mag (dotcom)  

Come inside…

 

LMD_IMG_6803-500x697 conference table

Wouldn’t you hire LMD while consulting around this conference table?

LMD_IMG_6461-500x333 lmdfloral.com design area I could get seriously inspired in their design area. Love the painted brick walls, antique mirrors, industrial light fixtures, stainless tables and rolling tool chest…

LMD_IMG_6464-500x333 LMD wrapping station Check out the wrapping station…

LMD_studio2 Nancy's brown bagWouldn’t even mind washing buckets in the vintage sink with industrial kitchen sprayer…Notice the horizontal stripes on the brick wall…

Don’t you love the masculine industrial feel of the LMD studio? Grab a cup of coffee and check out Lewis’s website for a real dose of awe-inspiring floral designs. His creations reflect nature with a modern freshness. If you’re lucky enough to live within LMD’s delivery area, you can order a couture design for delivery. Listen how he describes the gift wrap…

“Each gift is carefully packaged in our signature black tissue and grosgrain wrap with the gift message hand scripted on thick cotton Italian card stock and a black wax seal with the LMD logo.”

What I’d do to get my hands on one of those…

images via LMD Floral Blog, NY Magazine and Nancy’s Brown Bag

 

2 comments:

Jenny said...

sigh...wouldn't that be lovely. I wouldn't hire me, if I saw my mess of a space. Yours was always so put together.

Em said...

that is fan-stinkin'-tastic. that's the kind of place to work, but I gotta say, Amy, your studio was pretty fabulous too. Don't forget that!