Monday, March 22, 2010

For All You Orchid Lovers…

Which is your favorite?

006 Mi Belle Inc. wedding photography…dainty golden Oncidiums float amongst roses and dahlias…and I spy one more orchid in there…

image via Mi Belle Inc. Wedding Photography

6a010535ded4be970c012875bf1c7e970c-800wi just bloomed

…lime Cymbidiums with contrasting throats in a monochromatic bouquet…

image via Just Bloomed

12 Jl Designs 1 …boldly colored and patterned Phalaenopsis (moth) orchids add a little more fun to a sassy bouquet…

image via JL Designs

bella flora dallas…vivid blue-purple speckled Vandas are just one orchid variety in this lovely bouquet…

image via Bella Flora 

bouquet-rustic-lg-3 mondo floral designs au…chocolate cymbidiums…unusual and sophisticated…

image via Mondo Floral Designs 

dana_keith_wedding_trentadue_winery_034 Meg Perotti…pure white Phalaenopsis orchids in a sea of blue…

image via Meg Perotti Photography

So glad to be back after a wonderful Spring Break at the lake. Hope you all had a great weekend!

4 comments:

Erratt Family said...

I am really attached to the first one. I think partially because it reminds me of warmer times, and I am really getting tired of pants and jackets...

Finds said...

Good Morning B.B.
These beauties *take the cake*:)
The chocolate cymbidiums.....really stand out as unusual and sophisticated, as you say.
I think it would be beautiful paired with a blush colored dress similar to the one that Demi Moore wore to the Academy awards. What do you think?
I purchased a white orchid the other day at Kroger. They were on sale for $9.99
I hope you have a great day.
P.S. The Antique Rose Emporium is not too far away from us. Perhaps we are neighbors:)

Em said...

Phalaenopsis all the way!

Erratt Family said...

You need to come over and see my orchids. They are doing the best they've ever done this year. If you are really complimentary, I'll even fix you some cabbage!
-Bruce