Friday, December 3, 2010

Which Bouquet?

I am so excited about today’s post because a reader sent a photo of her real wedding dress and asked if I would feature it in a ‘Which Bouquet?’ post! So…let’s give her lots of feedback today as she tries to choose a bridal bouquet…

The Dress…

tia_front

tia_back 

…the ‘Tia’ from the 2011 Collection by Modern Trousseau

The Bouquets…

Bouquet #1

SunstoneWineryWedding020 jasmine star photoimage via Jasmine Star Photography

Bouquet #2

jw-S P-62 JL Designs and Jesi Haack Weddingsimage via JL Designs and Jesi Haack Weddings

Bouquet #3

bridal bouquet the crowls blogspotimage via The Knot and Michelle Walker Photography

What do you think? I had a very difficult time limiting the options to three! Can’t wait to hear what you have to say. Maybe we can do a follow-up post after the wedding with a picture of this beautiful bride and the bouquet she ends up carrying…wouldn’t that be fun?!

Hope your weekend is wonderful…

9 comments:

Never A Plain Jane said...

I pick number 1. The way the tulip petals fold inward and the rounded succulent leaves echo the balloon skirting on the dress, And that deep red is so elegant!

Erratt Family said...

I love bouquet number 1 with that dress. The curves of the petals and the contrasting colors help to showcase the detail and shape of the dress. I might go with a different handle wrap though. I think this dress and bouquet combination would look better without the added gold bling.

Best Wishes to the bride! I can't wait to see what she picks.

Kate (Floret Cadet) said...

Great choices! I also LOVE #1 with this dress! I agree with both of the above commenters. I think peonies and other big, round flowers are perfect because the dress is kind of unsubtle (i don't mean that in a bad way at all, i just mean you can see from a mile away what's going on with it, you don't need to get up close to appreciate the details)- i think the bouquet needs to be the same way. little intricate flowers wouldn't work well. I also agree about the handle wrap - something plainer would be better. I LOVE the second bouquet and cafe au lait Dahlias are one of my favorite flowers, but I almost think theyr'e a little too spiky for that dress with its bubble / balloon layer. Are those gardenias in the first bouquet? Would they bruise in a bouquet touching other flowers? I don't know if I've ever seen them in a bouquet, but I think they're particularly pretty with this dress!

~My Fleur Journey~ said...

I will actually pick #3 for the dress. I think the dress screams drama drama drama and so does bouquet #3.

sepal and twig said...

I am thinking the first one too. The deep burgandy gives depth and strength which is needed i think. Best wishes to the bride :)

Janet said...

I'm liking bouquet #1 for this dress.

Alex said...

I think #3 because its stands out just like the beautiful dress!

art with nature said...

I'm going with the majority here...#1! Love it!

Helen said...

Number one definitely. Love those cream and crimson tones. Number two is too similar to the dress.