Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Working Designer Wednesday: Cool Studio Spaces

I think it’s about time we take a look at some fellow designers’ studio spaces for inspiration. So, let’s start with the brand new studio space of Garden Party Flowers…notice they even created a photography booth inside the studio…to photograph their arrangements for the Garden Party website…and to take pictures to send to clients of the bouquets they order…brilliant!

garden party 6178947595_3b52d0dc0a_z

garden party 6178666613_8ab5d3debd_z

garden party split-1

garden party split-3

garden party split-2

garden party6178787349_86a2ce4e31_z

all photos above via Garden Party Flowers

Next, take a look at Ariel Dearie’s Brooklyn studio…and then check out her website if you’re not familiar with her work…you’ll love the natural vibe of her arrangements…and I love her old wood floors and tall metal windows…

studio ariel dearie

image via Ariel Dearie Flowers

Now, take a look at the client meeting space at Stephanie Grace…love it!

DSC_0028  stephanie grace client meeting space

Now, let me ask you a question. If you had the opportunity to design a brand new studio space, what would be on your “must have” list of features? What would be on your “splurge” list?

Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

Caley said...

Thanks for your support Amy, hope our studio gives our fellow designers inspiration for their dream studio.

If any of your readers have any questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Mimi said...

#1 Can I move into Stephanie Grace's client meeting space? LOL! Our shop is minute so I'm already dreaming of a larger space. My must haves? A space large enough to host events and flower arranging classes. There would be a big prep area. Lots of stainless steel I think for quick clean up. A nice spot for consultations. A huge walk in cooler. And tons of display space. Think I'd have an area where people could assemble their own bouquets as well. Ample space for wrapping flowers with tons of gorgeous ribbons in every color and pattern. Oh yeah, and a little break room where I could chill, get off my feet and have a spot of tea. On the splurge list would be a garden in the back where I'd grow herbs and flowers for my bouquets! Is that too much to ask?