Friday, December 2, 2011

Which Bouquet?

Earlier this week I received this email from a “real” bride:

“I am a flower girl…obsessed isn't even the word! My own wedding dress is a huge gardenia! I've attached a photo of my dress & my girls’ dresses (they will be navy).  Please help me reel in my ideas....I have too many! The wedding is in September & I have no idea which way to go for them or for myself…

Thank you!”

Keeping in mind the navy bridesmaids’ dresses, which would you choose for the bridal bouquet? Would you choose one for the bridesmaids? Do you envision a particular bouquet (not pictured) for this unique bridal gown?

The Dress…

mrwsd1047_spr09_16_10_xl

…the ‘Carolina’ dress by Carolina Herrera

The Bouquets…

Bouquet #1 (Flora Fauna)

IMG_7246  flora fauna

Bouquet #2 (Fleurs de France)

167792_498454456805_370258671805_6508355_2601723_n  fleursfrance.wordpress fleurs de france

Bouquet #3 (Stephanie Grace)

934566730_wDK62-M  stephanie grace

Bouquet #4 (Special Moments Flowers)

66920002 special moments flowers

Bouquet #5 (Erin Volante Floral Design)

rr_688 erin volante

Help our friend out! Give her your opinion and help her start narrowing her focus as she plans her wedding. Hope you have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Never A Plain Jane said...

Number 2 Number 2 Number 2!!!!! It is breathtaking. Then, I'd have each bridesmaid carry a monobotanical bouquet featuring a flower from the bride's bouquet and a matching bout for the men-folk. Oh! And make the ring pillow out of succulents with a single gardenia. And when all is done I think I'd refuse to ever take that dress off. AMAZING!

Denise said...

I think bouquet #4 would be really striking with that gorgeous dress

chimere7 said...

#2, the dress is unusual enough that it needs to have a bouquet that is a bit unusual too & can hold its own.

Stacie said...

Wow - what a dress! The flower itself reminds me not only of a Gardenia, but of Scabiosa. I can see bouquets with a mix of white Scabiosa, Ranuncs, Gardenia, Garden Roses and of course at that time of year, dinnerplate Dahlias. This is one of those dresses that makes you want to get married all over again ;-)

Nitchfield News said...

Love the color scheme indicated by #5 - light and sophisticated!

tina said...

hmm interesting - first the dress is stunning - second I think either you'll need to go extremely strong with the bouquet and make a strong impact to compete with the dress OR go extremely simple with the bouquet to up-play the dress .. either way I think you should carry a small posy - like the size of Middleton's bouquet - so use strictly intense colours or all white for a muted look ... and yes pinks go extremely well with navy's
good luck

Flowers by Carolyn said...

Love #2.

Alex said...

Gotta be number 1 so its bright!

Anonymous said...

#2. Love it with the dress.

Mimi said...

Another amazing dress. I would go sleek with the flowers since the dress is such a knockout. I would recommend a bridal bouquet of white calla lilies. Rather small, not with 30 stems. With a simple satin ribbon and an interesting embellishment. I wouldn't do anything to take away from the dress.