Sunday, January 22, 2012

We All Break The Same

I’m overwhelmed by the depth and magnitude of hurt I’ve heard about and witnessed in the last week. Several different people…in different situations…but the hurt is the same. And it’s deep. And it’s life altering. And I wonder…why aren’t we more open about our struggles? Why do we feel the need to keep our hurts and flaws under cover? Honestly, we all have hurts and by keeping them concealed we hurt ourselves and make others feel they are alone in their struggles. Pride, I guess. I don’t believe it’s God’s plan for us to handle our hurts alone…we need Him and we need other people who can help us when we’re too tired from the struggle to continue on. And it takes risk on all of our parts…the risk of being honest about our shortcomings, the risk of “getting involved” in someone’s struggle, the risk of experiencing the flood of pain that comes with the struggle, the risk of being seen differently by others once they know about our struggle…but, in the end, we all break the same…if we’re really honest.

Risk the ocean…there’s only grace…

2 comments:

Jessica said...

THANK YOU for posting this... I haven't heard this song in a while. I believe He works in so many strange ways...looking for a color inspiration for one of my brides, I stumbled upon this instead. Just when I'm feeling more than overwhelmed with a deep hurt I'm keeping to myself. THANK YOU for the post & gentle reminder that we all break the same and find healing in Him. Thank you

Laurie (Fleurie) said...

I think its about showing vulnerability. Thanks for making us think Amy....