Sunday, February 19, 2012

11 Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me

Hise 8-07 011

I've just been tagged by my blogger friend Mimi over at First Come Flowers and Fly Me To The Moon to play this game…

Here are the rules:

1) You must post the rules.

2) Answer eleven questions.

3) Tag eleven other bloggers.

4) Ask them 11 new questions.

 

The questions Mimi asked me are:

1) How did you come up with the name of your blog? Lots of thought…wanted it to convey the excitement (brouhaha) I feel over all things botanical…

2) What's your favorite snack? Anything chocolate…Mounds bars, at the moment.

3) If you were making up your own quote, what would it be? Please stand for something!

4) What's your favorite flower? Hydrangea

5) Why did you start blogging? After 8 years in the flower business, I decided to close my studio and spend more time with my family. I have two sons who were growing up fast and my mom was experiencing some serious health problems. I was worried that I would have regrets if I continued the break-neck pace of the wedding business while my family needed me. While I was confident in my decision to take a break from the business, I missed flowers and “flower people” in the worst way. I knew I had to find a way to stay connected to the industry and indulge my love of flowers…writing a blog made the most sense to me.

6) What other country would you like to visit? The truth is…I’m a homebody.

7) Which word do you have the most difficulty spelling? none…I have spell check!

8) What's your favorite magazine? Country Living or Veranda

9) If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Gross! I can’t imagine eating only one food forever…but, if I have to choose…guess it would be chocolate. Wait, is that a food?

10) What's your dream for the world? For those of us who have a relationship with Jesus to love people the way He loves them…which could change the world.

11) What invention would you like to see on the market in your lifetime? An RV that doesn’t have to stop by the dump station…I really want an RV, but don’t want to deal with the “waste”…weird answer, huh?

Here are the 11 bloggers I am tagging:

1) Chuck @ Flirty Fleurs

2) Tracy @ Springwell Gardens

3) Liz @ Fleurology

4) Kate @ Floret Cadet

5) Kit @ Love, Kit

6) Emily @ The Emily Post (who created the bouquet pictured above!)

7) Jenny @ Sea Jen

8) Janice @ Never a Plain Jane

9) Alicia @ Bella Fiori

10) Laurie @ Fleurie

11) Tracy @ Park Place Design

 

Here are your questions:

1. Who would you say has had the most influence on your life?

2. Why do you blog?

3. Which do you prefer: beach or mountains?

4. Name a flower you dislike.

5. Name your favorite movie.

6. If you could change one thing about your life, what would it be?

7. What is your favorite fashion trend from your lifetime (so far!)?

8. Do you dance?

9. Who’s your favorite band?

10. Name one thing you hope to accomplish in your life.

11. What inspires you?

Note: If you don’t have time or desire to play along, I understand and love you still!

Happy Monday!

6 comments:

Jenny N said...

done.

Janice J. Bear said...

Oh how I love you. You always have something new for me to learn. I'll get my questions answered and up by next week! Muah!

Tracy Huntley said...

This does look like a lot of fun- I will start working on these today, and hopefully have them up by next week too!
Tracy from Springwell Gardens

Tracy Huntley said...

This does look like a lot of fun- I will start working on these questions today and hopefully have them up by next week too!
Tracy from Springwell Gardens

Mimi said...

Amy, thanks so much for playing along. Know you're busy and wasn't sure you'd have the time, but it was great learning new things about you.

Never A Plain Jane said...

Ta da! Finally. http://www.neveraplainjane.blogspot.com/2012/02/recovery-and-naval-gazing.html