Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Funeral Design Follow-Up

I wrote a post a couple of weeks ago pleading with designers to send me their sympathy/funeral design pictures to share with a Botanical Brouhaha reader. You all really came through for me and I can’t thank you enough! Here’s what I received…and a few I found on my own…

From Fleurie

funeral Apr04 (8) fleurie

…for a member of the floral designer’s family, with some flowers from the designer’s own garden included…

funeral IMG_4862 fleurie

…for a woman who was well known for her love of purple…

funeral Jan-Feb 017 fleurie

…for a man who was known for his delicious oranges…

From Dov Kupfer AIFD

funeral IMG_0309 dov kupfer

funeral IMG_5626 dov kupfer

funeral IMG_6795 dov kupfer

funeral IMG_9481dov kupfer

From The Blue Carrot (UK)…

funeral RIMG0016 the blue carrot UK

funeral RIMG0002 the blue carrot

From Cynthia Loeffler

funeral432253_3514182973229_1231563410_33595663_1705624879_n cynthia loeffler

From Alma Blooms

funeral DSC00528 alma flowers

funeral DSC00987 alma flowers

funeral DSC00105 alma flowers

From Ruby Bloom Fancy Flowers…(thanks Liz, from Fleurology, for sharing these Ruby Bloom designs with me)

funeral IMGP4722 ruby bloom flowers

funeral IMGP4737 ruby bloom flowers

funeral IMGP4741 ruby bloom flowers

funeral IMGP4744 ruby bloom flowers

“This particular design was for a well respected professor who suffered with a heartbreaking disease.  The family allowed me to interpret their vision, when they told me he was a Botanist, I was thrilled to be able to use more unusual flowers and textures and was so honored to be a part of the service.” – Ruby Bloom Fancy Flowers

funeral stand5-612x1024 ruby bloom fancy flowers

…”cheerful flowers for the service of a woman described by her family as a happy, fun lady”…

funeral casket2 ruby bloom fancy flowers

funeral IMGP4336 ruby bloom fancy flowers

From Eden’s Bower

funeral CityFunHeart Eden's Bower

…a floral heart for Mother…

Funera lWreathJCS Eden's Bower

…24" wreath in green and white flowers, decorated with holy cards, charms, script and ribbon for an Irish Catholic funeral…

From Spriggs Florist (UK)…

funeral DSC_0647 Spriggs Florist

funeral DSC_0899 spriggs florist

funeral IMG_2338 Spriggs Florist

From Sprout

From Agape’ Events

funeral 171 agape events e

From Mulberries…(thanks to Stevens and Son for sharing this design with me)

funeral 555021_10150763612601803_85216071802_11525925_1087630726_n mulberries flowers

Thanks to everyone who took the time to sit down and write me an email and include pictures and links. Your willingness to help fellow designers says so much about your love of the profession. Emelie, hope this inspires…

Have a great Tuesday!

3 comments:

Svenska Blomsterbloggar said...

Oh wow! Now we're talking! I knew it! So many beautiful and creative designs out there. Some of them are quite different from what we do here in Sweden. But that's the great thing about the blog world, see and learn new things! And yes, Amy, this really inspires me! Thank you! Love Emelie

bloom boxx said...

I really love the lush, full, feminine heart from Alma. I also really am drawn to the loose lines of the white cross from Agape. It's a really lovely interpretation of the classic funeral form.

Heather Mac said...

They are beautiful! I wonder though if funeral flowers can be too beautiful.

For 25 years my Mom couldn't have flowers in the house because they reminded her of several tragic deaths in her family. Only recently has she seen flowers in a more cheerful light.