Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Working Designer Wednesday: Mixed Bag

Time for another mixed bag of flower “stuff” I need to share with you…

craggy view farm spring 10 113

First…I received this email from Loretta at Craggy View Farm in North Carolina…and hope some of you will be kind enough to point her in the right direction…

“I have a question on where to order those awesome succulents that are so popular? I live in Western NC and those types are not hardy here and my local wholesaler doesn’t carry them. Also, where can I find those fiddle head fronds?”

If you are a designer in Loretta’s neck of the woods, please feel free to leave her a message at the end of this post and introduce her to a supplier who carries succulents and fiddle heads. Thanks!

***************

Second…look at the progress in our cutting garden! The photos on the left were taken on January 31st and the photos on the right were taken on February 28th. We should have blooms soon…

cutting garden 002

garden 008

…Larkspur…

cutting garden 003

garden 019

…Ammi ‘Black Knight’…

cutting garden 006

garden 020

…Centaurea ‘Florist Blue Boy’…

Our redbud is also in bloom…

garden 028

Next…I dream of one of these in the cutting garden…

550_100655885 better homes and gardens

image via Better Homes and Gardens

***************

And, finally…check out this amazing space transformation by Coriander Girl

coriander girl before Screen shot 2012-01-02 at 7.31.16 PM

coriander girl after DSC_8374

coriander girl before DSC_8478

…interior before…

coriander girl after DSC_8695

…interior after…**insert collective sigh here**…GORGEOUS!!

Hope your Wednesday is wonderful!

Don’t forget to leave a comment for Loretta if you know a good source in her area…

 

4 comments:

Kim Sanders said...

I love seeing your raised planters! The weather in So Cal is so weird! It's 85 one day and the next is 60! my broccoli and cauliflower are so confused!

Faith, Family, Farming, Flowers said...

Awww, thanks for all your help!
Loretta

Janet said...

Hi Loretta! I get my Fiddle heads from Mayesh (they'll ship them to you). I get my succulents from www.cactusshop.com. You can see what they carry under "retail customers," but definitely set up a wholesale account.

Katie Pollard said...

Loretta -- I'm in TN and my wholesaler has succulents and fiddleheads frequently. I'm sure he'd be happy to share some information with you if you give him a call! His name is Lou Farrell at Import Flowers. He's the best.
http://www.impfl.com