Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Working Designer Wednesday: Mixed Bag

Fun stuff to pack our Mixed Bag this week…here’s what I’ve got…

1. A huge thank you to Lynn Martin Freeman from Martin’s in Toronto for mentioning Botanical Brouhaha in Florists’ Review magazine as one of her favorite blogs!

botanical brouhaha in print photo (9)

I’m so excited to be in great company! Thanks, Alicia from Flirty Fleurs, for sharing the news with me!

2. A Downtown Abbey-inspired Photo Shoot…dreamed up by Amy Jaye from Posh and Posy Events and photographed by Jennifer Eileen Photography…with floral design by our friend Laurie Garza of Fleurie

DowntonInspirationBoard.002 (1)

Love the description of the flowers…

“The bouquet and center-piece included a combination of flowers, herbs, and plants to get the romantic look reminiscent of the era - Ranunculus, Akito and Vendella roses, Evergreen Clematis, Ornamental Kale, 2 kinds of Scented Geranium, Lavender, Rosemary, Waxflower, Dusty Miller, Miniature Carnations, Stocks, Assorted Begonia leaves and flowers, and just a touch of Pink Jasmine vine."

See the complete shoot at Backstage Bridal Pro

3. A Ariel Dearie Pop Up Flower Cart this Friday and Saturday (noon-6) in front of Five Leaves in Brooklyn…

pop up Flower Cart

…wish I could go, but it’s a long trip from Texas. If you’re close, please stop by and tell Ariel I said hello!

4. A couple of amazing roses…’Latina’ at the San Francisco Flower Mart

407545_10150672488879808_127579899807_11123708_1566410669_n Latina roses Brothers Floral Co. SF Flower Mart

…and ‘Free Spirit’…

AO83  free spirit rose. holly chappleimage via Holly Heider Chapple Flowers

5. An American funeral design to hold you over until my follow up post to last week’s Working Designer Wednesday…still have designers sending photos, so I better wait a little longer to write the post…want to make sure everyone is included…

funeral 409375_383896314959813_267256193290493_1813416_1207116103_n

…designed by Carver Flowers…thanks, Annette…

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! Thanks for all of your comments and emails. I plan on spending the remainder of this morning answering your emails. I feel so blessed by the opportunity to share my thoughts with my “flower friends” each day…



4 comments:

Jennifer Eileen said...

Laurie's floral designs are a delight to photograph! She's brilliant and ridiculously talented. Thank you for sharing these images!

Jennifer Eileen

Laurie (Fleurie) said...

Awww, Jennifer, you make me get teary eyed! My flowers love to be under your lens!
Thanks Amy, its always an honor for me to be on your blog.
I love the standing spray you featured! Will be borrowing that idea for sure!

Janice Bear said...

Wow! Major congratulations for the recognition in Florists' Review. You were MADE to help other flower lovers.

Mimi said...

Amy, Congratulations on the mention in Florists Review. Your blog is a great resource for us all!