Monday, June 4, 2012

Cascade Or Round?

Which do you prefer…

Cascade…

bowers4 edge design group atlanta

image via Edge Design Group

_MG_5894 3 leaf florals

image via 3 Leaf Floral Design 

63597_485238996767_30232141767_5645998_4972318_n wedding flowers by julia rose

image via Wedding Flowers by Julia Rose

199155_10150123071043965_574838964_6479985_2003508_n vickys flowers dot com

image via Vickys Flowers

317149_252969881419004_1926068309_n vickys flowers dot com

image via Vickys Flowers

bouquet1 tantawan

image via Tantawan Bloom

Bouquets-Of-Austin-Dunbar-Horton-05

image via Bouquets of Austin and Eleven Eleven Photography

datura-1 carla ten eyck and datura

image via Datura and Carla Ten Eyck Photography 

…or round?

bouq_23_lrg SR Hogue

image via SR Hogue

bouqurt  verbena floral design.ca

image via Verbena Floral Design 

brides-bouquet-682x1024bliss in bloom

image via Bliss in Bloom

bridesmaids-1024x839blush floral design

image via Blush Floral Design

creswell_023-1024x682 april flowers

image via April Flowers

DanaEd1145 beautiful blooms events

image via Beautiful Blooms Events

DSC_0164-1 bloomersflowers.blogspot

image via Bloomers Flowers

DSC_0846 birch blooms

image via Birch Blooms 

Have a preference?

 

8 comments:

Terri said...

Cascade myself. However, round seems to be the favorite of brides now.

Laurie (Fleurie) said...

I love both styles, but would like to do more cascade styles, I keep trying to sell one.....most brides here still stuck on round. So many beautiful selections! My favorite in the cascades, the one by Datura. Favorite round, between the red Bloomers Flowers and the white by Bliss in Bloom.

bloom boxx said...

I find round are still most popular with brides right now. But, I'm getting some orders for cascades which I personally love. I hope to see the cascade trend grow. Of these I really love the modern purple vandas by Vickys Flowers, and the more traditional lush teardrop cascade just below that by Tantawan Bloom.

Anonymous said...

For my recent wedding, I chose a round bouquet because a cascade bouquet would have competed too much with my dress - an organza ballgown with a front split showing tulle underlay and lined with organza roses. Before I chose my dress, I wanted a cascade bouquet because they are so much more dramatic. My sister hated the idea and told me that it would look too dated. I think her exact words were, "Gross, it's not the 80's." I disagree and think that a cascade bouquet is the perfect addition to a simple dress.

Kelly said...

I'm in love with the round red one from Bloomers... Takes my breath away!!

Kate (Floret Cadet) said...

I love non round bouquets - but some of the cascades might be too dramatic - I have seen lots of "mini cascade" with just a few trailing elements (not done in bouquet holders) and also very cool teardrop shaped bouquets that use arcing tulips or callas at the bottom to make kind of a peak and break up the round shape - I love both of those shapes! (And I love round bouquets, and cascades ; )

~My Fleur Journey~ said...

I think all depends on the dress and style of the bride. The cascade one by Datura is most amazing, I think perfect example of a modern cascade - a little bit of drama yet nothing stiff! But a round one like the one done by April Flowers will always make me happy! So like Kate, gotta love both! Round is all I see here as well so can't wait till a bride asks for a mini or casual cascade.

Emelie said...

I really like cascade but I prefer quite slim ones, long but slim. And of course it depends on the brides heigt and dress. If you are too short it can look a bit silly with a cascade, so it really depends on the bride!