Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Which Zinnia?

Well, we have 6 of the 8 varieties of zinnias we planted blooming at the moment. As we’re trying to decide which varieties to grow again next season, I’m curious as to which is your favorite. Feel free to choose 2 if you aren’t sure…

‘Wine’

zinnia varieties 004e

‘Purple’

zinnia varieties 007e

‘Uproar Rose’

zinnia varieties 015e

‘Orange’

zinnia varieties 011e

‘Coral’

zinnia varieties 018e

‘Scarlet’

zinnia varieties 021e

I can barely tell the difference between the ‘Uproar Rose’ and ‘Purple’…so, you can count them as one choice! Hope you’ll take the time to vote on a favorite…your opinion will be so helpful.

Have a great afternoon…

18 comments:

Jody said...

Wine and Coral

Margaret in Austin said...

I like them all! Zinnias have been a favorite since childhood; they always seem so happy. Of these, the coral and wine ones are my favs.

Katie Pollard said...

I was thinking "wine" and "coral" too! "Orange" is also pretty stunning.

Tracy Huntley said...

Just two??? I love them all. Amy, you can do several plantings of zinnias. For the full season I would go with the coral and the wine. For early summer maybe the purple and uproar rose, and for late summer-fall the scarlet and the orange.

Horseradish Ranch said...

Scarlet for my grandbaby Scarlett, I love RED !!!

MJ said...

Coral! Though they are all beautiful!

Kelly said...

So hard! Love the wine and coral, but the red is so stunning too.

Botanique said...

Oh, a very hard choice!!! I agree that the wine and coral are a good duo, but I also love the scarlet. I love orange zinnias, and they are very fall, but for some reason I have a hard time designing with that particular color/flower combo... so I would go with three: wine, scarlet and coral!

Kate (Floret Cadet) said...

Coral - always! Anything coral : )

Bare Mtn Farm said...

We grow all the colors but the coral is the best, followed by uproar rose and then orange. Yellow makes all our zins pop.

Melissa said...

Wine is my fab followed closely by the coral!

Chandin said...

I love the coral and the orange! I'm such a sucker for both!

Alicia said...

I think I'm not going to be original, my favorites are "wine" and "coral", love their color, so different from other flowers. And I like "scarlet" too.

Harvest Home Farm said...

We grow them all also but coral has become a favorite this year.

Laurie (Fleurie) said...

My personal fav is coral, followed by wine, and I thing think the wine needs orange to play with in a bouquet. What about green? It plays nice with coral :)

Shannon/Flourish said...

Wine and orange

Tina said...

coral

Hacman Floral said...

Coral for sure!!